An upper denture is retained by using suction in a similar way to a suction cup on glass. Biting into a sandwich, yawning, or sneezing can cause an upper denture to lose suction and fall down. With the use of snaps, the combination of suction and snap will allow the snap on denture to function very similar to natural teeth. The denture will feel stable and secure.
Lower Dentures are more challenging than upper dentures because there is no suction to hold them in. This lack of suction, along with jaw and tongue movement during chewing and speaking can cause a lower denture to be very uncomfortable and sometimes painful. The lower denture simply floats on the ridge where the teeth used to be and does not stay in by using suction like the upper. Because lower dentures slip and slide, and as a result cause continuous gum pain when eating, the snap on denture option is a must for lower dentures. For many patients, it is the minimum standard of care for a satisfactory quality of life.
Whether you are new to dentures or have worn them for years, a snap on denture is a great solution to uncomfortable chewing and slippery painful dentures. There are several types of snap on dentures available, including snap on partials. We make your denture or partial fit and function in harmony with the space available in your mouth, and give custom attention to the delicate fabrication of your snap on denture.
Two or more implant snaps can be used on the upper and/or lower jaw. The more snaps that are placed, the more stable the denture will be. Much like a four legged chair would be more stable than a three or two legged chair, the use of denture snaps keep the denture stable, secure and comfortable. These snaps are designed with different levels of retention, customized to the needs of the patient. When the snaps wear out, replacing them is a simple and inexpensive procedure.
WHY SNAP DENTURES:
• No more need for creams or adhesives.
• Optimal retention and comfort.
• Improvement in chewing ability.
• Improve speech as a result of secure stable dentures.
• Avoid embarrassing situations due to loose dentures.
• The ability to eat healthy foods results in overall health benefits.
• Improvement of the visual appearance.
• Implants stop bone loss associated with wearing dentures.
• Visually transform wrinkles near the mouth by replacing the collapsed lip support.
• Enhanced natural chewing abilities.
• Improved comfort